Inter Milan forward Samuel Eto'o downplayed reports linking him with a move to Real Madrid, saying that he was surprised by the rumors.
The Cameroonian wrote an open letter to Inter fans on the club's website Friday to reassure them about his future despite claims that he had been racially abused by supporters.
''This morning I was very surprised, as I expect you were, to read the reports in some of the newspapers, in particular La Gazzetta dello Sport,'' Eto'o wrote.
''Nothing that happens away from the pitch, though it may upset me as a man, can drive me away from Inter. Don't worry, I have only one thought in my head at the moment and that is to win the Italian Cup along with my teammates. It would be our sixth trophy in two seasons and our third this season.''
Eto'o joined Inter from Barcelona in 2009 and helped the team to a Champions League, league and Italian Cup treble last year under current Madrid coach Jose Mourinho. He scored 35 times in all competitions this season.
Inter plays Palermo in the Italian Cup final on Sunday.
The 30-year-old Eto'o played six games in two seasons for Real Madrid from 1998 to 2000 before he left for Real Mallorca.
Inter president Massimo Moratti, meanwhile, said Eto'o will remain with the club.
''Eto'o is with us 100 per cent,'' Moratti said. ''He has no intention of leaving. This incident can't be a reason for his departure.''