Inter accepts bid for Wesley Sneijder
Inter Milan have confirmed they have accepted a bid for Wesley Sneijder from Galatasaray.
Inter president Massimo Moratti is willing to allow the unsettled Dutch midfielder to leave but any deal will depend upon the Turkish club reaching an agreement with the player.
"Galatasaray's offer satisfies us. Now it depends on the player," Moratti told Sky Italia.
"We would be happy if he decided to stay on our terms."
Sneijder has reportedly been asked to accept a two million euro pay cut to his annual salary with the Nerazzurri. But Inter head coach Andrea Stramaccioni continues to maintain that the 28-year-old's absence from the first team is purely a tactical decision.
Sneijder is believed to be holding out for better offers from a host of Premier League clubs as well as big-spending Ligue 1 outfit Paris St. Germain. On Wednesday, Sneijder's agent, Soren Lerby, refused to confirm Gala's claims that they had opened talks, telling De Telegraaf: "Every day there is a new club linked with Wesley.
"For that reason I have decided not to answer any more questions."
But a statement on the Turkish club's official website read: "Galatasaray announces it has begun negotiations with FC Internazionale for the transfer of Wesley Sneijder.
"The public will be informed of developments."
Tottenham had been tipped as Sneijder's likely destination in the past though Spurs recently announced the signing of midfielder Lewis Holtby from Schalke, while recent summer signing Moussa Dembele has been in impressive form since arriving at White Hart Lane.
Queens Park Rangers manager Harry Redknapp had earlied claimed he had been offered the chance to take Sneijder to Loftus Road this month.
"I was asked by one agent if I wanted to sign Sneijder," said Redknapp. Of course I do. However, he's on about €200,000 a week and now he wants to join QPR?
"I won't name the agent, but let's just say I think a deal is unlikely."