Daily Fantasy Baseball Advice for September 3
Let's get to today's interesting facts, using DraftKings prices.
Five Things to Watch:
1. Here are the three highest projected over/unders, provided by OddsShark...
2. Weather: Should be all clear, but keep an eye on Twitter for updates closer to game time.
3. You down with BvP? Joey Votto is 16-for-42 lifetime against Jaime Garcia. Manny Machado is 13-for-40 against CC Sabathia. Victor Martinez has 3 HR in 25 at-bats against Yorando Ventura. Jose Altuve is 7-for-24 against Derek Holland. Brian Dozier is 9-for-24 with 2 HR against James Shields. J.D. Martinez is 7-for-16 against Yorando Ventura.
4. Your three biggest pitching favorites for the night: Rich Hill (-280) against the Padres, Rick Porcello (-200) against the A's, Ivan Nova (-185) against the Brewers.
5. Sneaky stack options: There are a lot of good unusual stack options, like the Twins against James Shields or the Tigers against Yorando Ventura. Don't sleep on the Rangers against Joe Musgrove at home in a game with a high projected run total.
Must-Start of the day: Jose Fernandez, MIA
Cleveland isn't a great matchup, but Fernandez is as close to a matchup-proof pitcher as there is. He has a ridiculous 219 strikeouts in 154 IP, and no one else on the board has anything close to his upside. Get him going.
Deal of the day: Hector Santiago, MIN
He's a better pitcher than his rock bottom price of $4300, and going against the White Sox and James Shields is a pretty strong matchup. He has decent strikeout punch (121 K in 146 IP) and should be allowed to pitch relatively deep into the game. He's a steal at this price.
Avoid of the day: Chris Davis, BAL
He's just 6-for-34 with 18 K against CC Sabathia lifetime.
Stack of the day: Los Angeles Dodgers
Luis Pedromo has a 5.84 ERA, a 1.70 WHIP and for some reason is priced at $7700, which makes no sense. It's always fun to have a stack in the last game of the night, and the Dodgers are awfully affordable across the board.
Jose Fernandez, MIA: "Must-start of the day"
Hector Santiago, MIN: "Deal of the day"
Vince Velasquez, PHI: He's been roughed up lately, but he's a big strikeout pitcher who gets a cushy matchup against the Braves. At $8300, he's a great mid-range choice.
Yasmani Grandal, LAD: Dodgers stack.
Gary Sanchez, NYY: Keep riding the hot bat (1.329 OPS over his last ten games).
Joey Votto, CIN: Joey Votto is 16-for-42 lifetime against Jaime Garcia.
Victor Marintez, DET: Victor Martinez has 3 HR in 25 at-bats against Yorando Ventura.
Jose Altuve, HOU: Jose Altuve is 7-for-24 against Derek Holland.
Brian Dozier, MIN: Brian Dozier is 9-for-24 with 2 HR against James Shields.
Manny Machado, BAL: Manny Machado is 13-for-40 against CC Sabathia.
Nolan Arenado, COL: At home in a game with a ridiculous run total, and he owns a 1.433 OPS over his last ten games.
Corey Seager, LAD: Dodgers stack.
Jonathan Villar, MIL: Major speed threat brings good value at just $4000.
J.D. Martinez, DET: J.D. Martinez is 7-for-16 against Yorando Ventura.
Mike Trout, LAA: He's 8-for-10 lifetime against Taijuan Walker.
Mookie Betts, BOS: 1.022 OPS over his last ten games.