Mavericks' Haywood out for Game 3
NBA FINALS: MAVS 4, HEAT 2
- Mavs win first NBA title
- Whitlock: Blow up the Big Three
- Rosen: Why Mavs won, Heat lost
- Reiter: Dirk, not LeBron, is a champ
- Witz: Making the nation happy
- FS Southwest: Mavs win as team
- Lowry: So much for superheroes
- Video: Dirk discusses first title
- Video: LeBron, Wade fall short
- Video: Cuban breaks silence
- Miami newspaper goofs
- Photos: Best Game 6 action
- Store: Buy Mavs title gear
- Playoff Central: Your Finals home
Coach Rick Carlisle said about 90 minutes before tipoff Sunday night that the Haywood, who left Game 2 with a strained right hip flexor, was out and that the Mavericks were going to have to adjust without the 7-foot center.
Guard Rodrigue Beaubois was active for the first time in the postseason for the Mavericks.
Carlisle said Ian Mahinmi, who appeared in only three of the first 17 playoff games, would get some of the minutes that would usually go to Haywood. The Mavs could also go with smaller lineups.
Haywood has five points in the first two games of the finals.