Week 10 two-quarterback leagues
Arguably the top fantasy quarterback and one of the best up-and-coming passers are out of action for Week 10, with Aaron Rodgers and Robert Griffin III finally getting some rest. Week 9 offered a favorable bye schedule, but this week is a relatively close call, particularly when considering that there are some very favorable matchups for various QB2s.
2. Andy Dalton vs. New York Giants - Dalton averages 266 yards per game through the air and the Giants allow 264 per game. With the Bengals lackluster defense giving up more than 27.0 points per game, expect Eli Manning and the G-Men to force Dalton into a lot of dropbacks. That figures to translate into Dalton exceeding that average of his.
3. Philip Rivers at Tampa Bay - Rivers has been wildly erratic this year, but the downs have seemed to overtake the ups in recent weeks. Nevertheless, this is a former Pro Bowl quarterback facing a pass defense giving up the most yards (321 per game) through the air of any team. A rain-soaked affair in Cleveland is the only of Rivers' past five games in which he did not toss two scores, and though his yards have been down for most of that stretch, it's safe to say the Bucs will bring them back up.
4. Ryan Tannehill vs. Tennessee - Despite being questionable last week with a knee/quad injury, Tannehill went into Indy and threw for 290 yards and a score without any turnovers. Now he gets a Titans defense in South Beach that's tied for last in the league with 20 passing scores allowed, gives up the highest passer rating to opposing quarterbacks at 108.4 and just let Jay Cutler throw for three scores in its own house. The rookie is in line for one of his best games of the season.
5. Alex Smith vs. St. Louis - Prior to its bye, the formerly stingy Rams pass defense was badly victimized in back-to-back weeks for more than 640 yards and seven scores. Of course, that was against Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. But still, Smith dissected a tough Cardinals defense in the desert prior to San Francisco's bye, finishing with a near-perfect passer rating and just one completion shy of an NFL record 95 percent for a single game. After dipping for a few weeks, Smith got back on track and figures to continue that against a division opponent coming to the Bay.
6. Russell Wilson vs. New York Jets - In the last four weeks, Wilson has thrown eight touchdowns, including the disappointing but predictable goose egg in San Francisco. In four homes games he has nine touchdowns and zero picks, and with the Jets defense traveling across country into one of the toughest places in the league to play, count on Wilson's hot home streak continuing.
No. 2 QUARTERBACK RANKINGS
*Check injury status.
13. Ryan Fitzpatrick BUF at NE
14. *Michael Vick PHI vs. Dal
15. Philip Rivers SD at TB
16. *Tony Romo DAL at Phi
17. Alex Smith SF vs. StL
18. Ryan Tannehill MIA vs. Ten
19. Andy Dalton CIN vs. NYG
20. Blaine Gabbert JAC vs. Ind
21. Sam Bradford STL at SF
22. Jay Cutler CHI vs. Hou
23. *Matt Hasselbeck TEN at Mia
24. Russell Wilson SEA vs. NYJ
25. Mark Sanchez NYJ at Sea
26. Matt Schaub HOU at Chi
27. Christian Ponder MIN vs. Det
28. *Matt Cassel KC at Pit
29. *Jake Locker TEN at Mia
Get a FREE RotoWire 10-day trial (no credit card required) at RotoWire.com.