Rams contacted Favre about playing QB, but no dice
If the QB goes down in your neighborhood, who ya gonna call?
Which is what the Rams did in an attempt to scare up interest in the future Hall of Famer possibly coming to St. Louis.
With Sam Bradford out for the season with a torn ACL and Kellen Clemens set to start Monday night against Seattle, the Rams clearly could use some help under center. And it goes beyond Clemens, whose backups just arrived in town in the form of Austin Davis, like Favre a Southern Miss guy, and Brady Quinn. Davis, a second-year player who has yet to throw an NFL pass, failed to make the final cut with the Rams at the end of training camp, and Quinn is a 2007 first-round draft bust now with his fifth team.
But when the Rams tossed their line in the water, Favre -- a 44-year-old grandfather who last played for the Vikings in 2010 -- wasn't biting.
"I've had enough," Favre told The Sports Reporters on Sportstalk 570 AM in Washington, D.C., Thursday morning. "I had enough a long time ago."
Favre told the radio station he was not contacted personally by the Rams, but that the team did reach out to his agent, Bus Cook, to gauge his interest. But his time in the NFL is entirely behind him, he said.
"I had a great career," Favre said. "I think if anything, the last year that I played was an obvious writing-on-the-wall vision for me, if you will. It was time."
Which means the Rams will have to make do with what they have.
Here is a link to the complete interview.