Stoke chief denies Cole bid

BY foxsports • May 31, 2011

Stoke boss Tony Pulis is a long-term fan of Cole and has once again been linked with the England forward since West Ham's relegation from the Premier League. A daily newspaper report suggested the Potters had already made a bid for the 27-year-old, but Coates has dismissed that. "Those reports are unfounded and it is not the case whatsoever," Coates told BBC Radio Stoke. "We've not made a single bid in any way, shape or form." While Coates did not rule out a bid for Cole later in the summer, he did reveal Adam was not on the club's shopping list. The Blackpool midfielder had been mentioned as a possible target this summer, but Coates does not expect any approach to be made. "I don't think the manager is interested in him," he said. "He's not mentioned him to me so I assume he's not interested in him."


share story