Spain's Del Bosque confirms signing 2-year deal

BY foxsports • June 17, 2012

Spain coach Vicente del Bosque says he has finally signed a two-year contract extension that will allow him to lead the world champions in their title defense in Brazil in 2014.

The most successful coach in the national team's history previously said a deal was in place but preferred not to sign it before the European Championship.

The 61-year-old Del Bosque took over from Luis Aragones after the country's Euro 2008 win. He says ''there was no rush'' to sign the deal.

The former Real Madrid coach refused to discuss Spain's defense of its World Cup title, preferring to stay focused on Euro 2012 and World Cup qualifying.

Del Bosque has been in charge of more Spain games than any other coach.


share story