Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel does not think the team will miss striker Fernando Torres having brought in Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez to replace him.
He even suggested the Spain international may regret his £50million move to Chelsea, which was completed on Monday just after £35million Carroll and £22.8million Suarez had been confirmed as the Reds' new recruits.
"We have captured Suarez and Carroll. I believe these two will replace him and we will be at least as strong as we were with Nando," said the defender.
"We all feel sorry because he's a player of world class ability but, to be honest, it was no surprise.
"This season has not been going according to our wishes and expectations and that convinced him that it is the right time to move elsewhere. This is how he explained it to us.
"I wish him all the best but do not wish any success to Chelsea.
"Maybe Fernando will regret making this step sometime in the future."
Torres' debut could come against his former club at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
Skrtel is confident, however, he can keep the 26-year-old quiet.
"It will be different because so far I have been playing against him only in training," the Slovakian told isport.blesk.cz.
"I hope he appears on the pitch and, since Chelsea wanted him so much, it is very likely that he will.
"I'm looking forward and firmly believe I won't let him score."