Roma confirms receiving multiple takeover offers

BY foxsports • February 1, 2011

AS Roma has confirmed receiving multiple offers to take over the three-time Italian champions.

A statement on Roma's website from the Sensi family's holding company, Italpetroli, says an unspecified number of offers will be evaluated in the coming days.

Italian media says five offers have been made, three of the most serious coming from the Abu Dhabi-based Aabar Investments, a group of American investors led by Boston executive Thomas DiBenedetto and Roman industrialist Giampaolo Angelucci.

DiBenedetto is one of approximately 13 limited partners in the Boston Red Sox ownership group.

The offers will be evaluated by the Unicredit bank, which last year became co-owner of Roma following a debt-for-equity swap with the Sensi family.


share story