No way back for Tevez, says Mancini
Carlos Tevez's decision to return to Argentina without permission has ended any hope of the striker playing for Manchester City again, manager Roberto Mancini says.
Suspended by City for two weeks and fined a fortnight's wages for refusing to warm up during a Champions League game against Bayern Munich, Tevez compounded the situation by flying to his native country during the international break last week without prior permission from the club.
Mancini said after the Bayern match that Tevez was ''finished'' as a City player and he reiterated his stance on Friday following Tevez's no-show at training this week.
Asked if the 27-year-old Tevez could play for City again, Mancini said: ''I don't think so.''
Mancini said the club had been unable to make contact with Tevez.
''I know he is in Argentina. I don't know what he is doing,'' the Italian coach said.
Tevez's last appearance for City was in a League Cup match against Birmingham on Sept. 21.
Six days later, Tevez was named as a substitute against Bayern but went against Mancini's orders by refusing to warm up in the second half of a match City lost 2-0.
An internal disciplinary hearing found Tevez guilty of five breaches of contract, including bringing the club into disrepute and failing to follow the instructions of his manager.
City is top of the Premier League ahead of Saturday's home match against fellow unbeaten side Newcastle.