Masson pens two-year deal
Ipswich Town have landed teenage defender Tyrone Mings from Chippenham Town on an 18-month contract.
The 19-year-old impressed while turning out for an Ipswich XI against the Nike Academy on Monday.
Having done enough to convince Mick McCarthy that he is deserving of a shot at the Championship, the youngster put pen to paper on Thursday.
Mings has previously been on the books at Southampton and played alongside Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain in the Saints academy system.
"Tyrone has a pedigree of being at a club with his time at Southampton and through Russell (Osman) and Steve McCall, who became aware of him, we brought him here on Monday to have a look at him against the Nike Academy," said McCarthy.
"He played left-back. He's quick, he's 6ft 3in, he loves a tackle. He's only 19 but plays the game like a bloke. He's a good talker, organises and we're delighted to have him in.
"He's going to be in and around the squad pretty quickly if he shows everything he did on Monday.
"There is loads to work with. We are going to give him an opportunity and it will be great if it works out."
Mings added: "It's just been a crazy time really.
"This time last week I was working as a mortgage broker. Something I have been doing for nine months.
"Then I found out at the end of last week that Ipswich wanted me to come in and play a friendly. After the game the manager said he'd like to sign me and here we are. It's been a bit of a whirlwind.
"There have been a few clubs said to be interested but nothing has materialised until now. This is a life-changing opportunity for me and I've got to make sure I take it."
Wyke, 20, has been with Pools for the last two months and will now stay until January 9.
Manager John Hughes told the club's official website: "I've liked what I've seen from Charlie since I came to the club.
"We're very thankful for Middlesbrough's help in allowing us to extend the deal and I'm looking forward to seeing more of Charlie in action in the coming month.
"He's got a lot of talent and his attitude to work has been fantastic so we're delighted he's going to be staying with us a little longer."
Wyke has made five appearances for struggling Hartlepool but has yet to score.
Shiels, who made a personal appearance at Thursday's Scottish Football Association hearing at Hampden, will now start a minimum three-match ban after a one-game suspension, hanging over him for comments made about officials last season, was enforced.
Shiels was found to be in breach of SFA rules for comments made in interviews following the Inverness match that "impinged upon the character of a match official".
One of the charges maintained Shiels had made comments in a radio interview that suggested "the match official may bear a grudge" against him were he to answer questions about Norris' performance.
Shiels also said at the time: "I went to shake hands with the referee and I didn't say a word. I kept my emotions in check as much as I could and then he said something sarcastic so I reported him.
"I don't know what he said but it was something flippant."
Asked if he had any complaints about goalkeeper Cammy Bell's dismissal in the November 3 fixture, Shiels said: "I'm not allowed to tell the truth.
"(SFA compliance officer) Vincent Lunny won't allow me to tell the truth so I can't talk about officials.
"It is the only industry in the world where you are not allowed to tell the truth."
The SFA noted that in a newspaper article reporting Bell's successful appeal against his dismissal, Shiels further suggested Norris would not be acting with integrity if he failed to admit he made a mistake.
The Northern Irishman escaped additional punishment by the SFA panel after being sent to the stands by referee Stevie O'Reilly for disputing his controversial decision to dismiss Manuel Pascal in a match against St Johnstone at Rugby Park on November 24.
Shiels was found in breach of SFA rule 203, which relates to misconduct, but the panel ruled no further sanction was necessary.
Today's hearing comes after Shiels was given a two-match touchline ban in June - one of which was suspended and subsequently enforced today - after comments he made about refereeing decisions in a match between Celtic and St Johnstone.
The Fraserburgh-born player follows Joe Shaughnessy in extending his stay in the past seven days, after fellow teenager Ryan Fraser turned down an offer.
The 19-year-old has made six appearances for the Dons, netting once.
He told the club's website: "I spoke with my family and my agent but it was a very simple decision in the end. Aberdeen is a good club to be playing your football at.
"Hopefully I can repay the faith the management team have shown in me by offering me the deal."
Meanwhile, captain Russell Anderson could return for the Scottish Premier League visit of Kilmarnock on Saturday after missing the midweek cup win over Motherwell with a back injury.
Midfielder Stephen Hughes is also nearing a return after knee and ankle injuries but is doubtful for the Killie clash.