Martinez: No offers in for Moses

BY foxsports • August 19, 2012

Martinez was speaking after Moses played in Sunday's 2-0 Premier League defeat to Roberto Di Matteo's Blues at the DW Stadium.

"I dont think that's an issue, there are no offers on the table matching his valuation so it's an easy answer," Martinez said.

"Nothing is going to be decided today."

Di Matteo was similarly tight-lipped on any potential new offer for Moses, with Wigan so far refusing to sell the winger unless their valuation is met.

Martinez admitted it was a risk to start the 21-year-old with the speculation surrounding his future but was happy with Moses' performance.

Martinez said: "He started a bit slow but I felt he grew into the game after that and started to look his normal penetrating self and he's an important player for this team.

"Victor knows that if (a club) doesn't want a player enough, it's not a good move. I'm delighted Victor's here, I'm delighted he showed he's desperate to perform for our team."

Meanwhile, Martinez revealed striker Connor Sammon, who was left out of the squad today, is in talks over a move to a Championship side.


share story