Larsson left puzzled by Blues

BY foxsports • February 10, 2011

The midfielder, who is out of contract in the summer, claims the Blues had accepted an offer from Newcastle, just to make a last minute change of hearts after he had agreed personal terms with the Magpies. He still put in a top display in the crucial win at West Ham on Sunday - earning boss Alex McLeish's praise - but admits he has been left disappointed by the whole affair. The Swede told Sportbladet: "If I am honest, I am disappointed how the club has handled all this. "I clearly stated that I didn't want to be sold and the club said that I was not for sale. "Then, after the transfer window had been open for one week, they accept an offer." The midfielder is quick to dismiss specualtion that the move broke down because he failed to reach personal terms. "That is not true at all. We discussed a personal contract, but then Birmingham changed their mind and said that I was no longer for sale," he added. "When the club change their mind five times it feels strange and maybe not so good. "I never got the chance to move." But he has assured fans he will continue to give his all as McLeish's side battle to beat the drop. "I have said all along that I'm happy where I am. "The lads are terrific here. I have always got along with the fans very well so I do my best for them."


share story