In a major about face, Football Federation Australia says it has resolved its differences with the owners of the Newcastle Jets just weeks after they had turned in their A-League license.
The A-League was plunged into turmoil last month when the FFA refused to allow the Hunter Sports Group - headed by mining magnate Nathan Tinkler - to hand back the Jets' license, putting the future of the club in strong doubt.
Tinkler's group had cited irreconcilable differences with the FFA as its reason for dropping the team.
However the FFA released a statement on Tuesday after talks between FFA chairman Frank Lowy and Tinkler saying they had ''reaffirmed their commitment to working together for the good of the Newcastle Jets, the A-League and football in the Hunter Valley.''
The outcome of the meeting meant Hunter Sports Group would stand by its 10-year-deal to run the club, running through to 2020, which allays doubts about the club's future.
''It was a good opportunity for Nathan and I to meet face-to-face and resolve the issues that had affected the relationship between FFA and HSG,'' Lowy said. ''FFA has made some concessions in good faith in order to resolve the matters.''
FFA did not elaborate on the concessions made to Hunter Sports Group.
''I welcomed the opportunity to meet and discuss these issues in person,'' Tinkler said. ''We now have a way forward and I remain committed to ensuring the Newcastle Jets is one of the most successful clubs in the A-League.''