Driver could make MLS move
Defender Sylvain Distin has praised the management skills of David Moyes as he aims to lead Everton into Europe.
Former Manchester City and Portsmouth centre-half Distin believes the Scot has done wonders at Goodison Park, especially with the funds available to him.
The Toffees are currently sitting six points off fourth-placed Tottenham as the club harbour hopes of qualifying for the UEFA Champions League.
Everton also face an FA Cup replay against Oldham next week as they look to reach the quarter-finals of the competition and a potential home tie against Wigan.
The Frenchman told France Football magazine: "When you see what he can achieve with the means he has, that is simply amazing."
Distin, 35, also held special praise for Harry Redknapp from their time together on the South Coast at Pompey.
"Wherever he has coached Redknapp has always had success which is not by chance," added Distin.
"On a tactical level he may not be a genius, but on a human management level he is capable of making you believe that you are the best player in the world.
"His words reassure and release you which makes you want to fight for that man."
Alex head into Wednesday night's Johnstone's Paint Trophy Northern Area Final second leg against Coventry with a 3-0 lead but Davis believes the fact the managerless Sky Blues have nothing to lose makes them a dangerous proposition.
"Coventry will come here and try and make things happen," he told the Railwaymen's official website. "They have to and they scored a very early goal at Bury on Saturday. They started well and we have to be ready for that.
"We have to get that balance right, when we don't over commit in numbers but can push on and attack when we need to.
"We will treat the game as normally as possible. It is important that we remain solid and keep our discipline on the pitch.
"If you keep 11 players on the pitch then you have a better chance of winning the game. We know anything can happen, they could score an early goal, so we have to prepare for every eventuality and we have."
Smith was sent off in the latter stages of Saturday's fifth-round tie at stadium:mk for leading with an arm in a challenge on Rory Delap.
The 32-year-old's ban was increased from three to four games because it was his second dismissal of the season.
Dons boss Karl Robinson said after the game that he would be appealing against the decision.
However, in a statement, the Milton Keynes club said unsuccessful attempts earlier this season to have red cards shown to Stephen Gleeson and Antony Kay overturned had convinced Robinson to not lodge an appeal.
"While the manager does not agree with the red card, following unsuccessful appeals to overturn red cards issued to Stephen Gleeson and Antony Kay earlier in the season, the decision was made not to enter the FA appeal process," the statement read.
Smith will miss the League One trips to Carlisle and Portsmouth as well as home fixtures against Preston and Doncaster.
MK Dons have had seven red cards this season - joint highest in the Football League along with Notts County.
Hearts first-team coach Gary Locke admits Driver's future is uncertain as the winger prepares to discuss a move to the Major League Soccer club.
The MLS transfer window is open ahead of the start of the season in the USA and 25-year-old could make an immediate move.
Locke told Hearts TV: "There's a possibility that Andrew could be leaving. We are still waiting to find out what the situation is.
"He has been a fantastic lad to work with but we are not 100% sure what's happening at the moment.
"If he stays, great, if he goes, we wish him all the best. But at this moment in time it's still pretty much up in the air."
Oldham-born Driver is out of contract in the summer and seemed certain to move on given the club's need to cut their wage budget.
The former England Under-21 international, who can still play for Scotland under the five-year schooling rule, has made more than 150 appearances for Hearts since coming through the youth ranks.
Hearts placed a ?4million price tag on Driver in summer 2009 when Burnley attempted to sign the player for a second successive summer, while Coventry and FC Twente were also linked with moves for the player.
But a series of injuries hampered his progress, although he has been fit without interruption for more than 12 months now, and Hearts will have to accept a much smaller fee from the Americans.