Carlo Ancelotti's dismissal as Chelsea manager was splashed across the front pages of Italy's newspapers on Monday morning.
Ancelotti was sacked on Sunday night, within two hours of the Blues' 1-0 defeat at Everton in their final Premier League game of the season.
Gazzetta dello Sport's front page headline said: "Chelsea change - bye bye Ancelotti."
The paper believes Ancelotti's destiny was sealed when his side were eliminated from the Champions League by Manchester United in the quarter-finals - a result which left club owner Roman Abramovich with another European failure.
Tuttosport's headline read: "Beaten by Everton, ciao Ancelotti, Chelsea dismiss him".
The Turin-based publication also report that Ancelotti's future had already been decided before this weekend.
Ancelotti, who joined Chelsea from AC Milan in 2009, had been under contract with the Blues for another season.
Rome-based Corriere dello Sport welcomed the 51-year-old's sacking because they are now linking the coach to Roma.
Ancelotti won the Italian title with Roma as a player in 1983 and has made no secret of his desire to manage the club one day.
Roma are looking to replace Vincenzo Montella this summer.
Corriere dello Sport's headline said: "Ancelotti is free from today; Chelsea have already sacked him".
National newspaper La Repubblica preferred to focus on Ancelotti's achievements during his brief spell at Chelsea.
It said: "Ancelotti's adventure at Chelsea ends after two years. In his first season, he won the Premier League and FA Cup".