Boca: Tevez still too expensive

BY foxsports • November 14, 2011

Tevez was back in his native Argentina last week, which prompted fresh suggestions that Boca could offer him a route out of City. Ameal admits to have had contact with Tevez but he admits Boca could not afford a deal for the striker. Another of his former clubs, Corinthians, remain interested but Boca admit they will not be joining the bidding at the current level. "Carlos is deservedly a very important figure here," Ameal told local radio. "But from the economic point, it is impossible. I did talk to him, and I lent him our support." City expect Tevez to report back to the club on Monday. The striker flew home to Argentina to visit his family last week, apparently without permission from Roberto Mancini. City then confirmed they had given the 27-year-old until Monday to return. Representatives for Tevez had no comment to make on the matter on Sunday night. Reports Tevez had returned to Argentina began to emerge last Wednesday after he was pictured back in the country. That was a day after it transpired that the striker would not be appealing against against a club fine for misconduct. City had found Tevez guilty of refusing to play - one of five breaches of contract - during the Champions League loss at Bayern Munich on September 27. He was initially fined four weeks' wages but that was halved following intervention by the Professional Footballers' Association. Tevez flew out to Argentina last Monday night, ahead of what was a scheduled day off on Tuesday. PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor - who represented the Argentinian at his disciplinary hearing - expressed disappointment at this when, Taylor understood, Tevez was "clearly told not to". Tevez's representatives did say, however, that the player had attempted to contact manager Mancini several times before travelling but been unsuccessful. Tevez has not played for City since the infamous game at the Allianz Arena, after which Mancini claimed the player was "finished" at the club. He was suspended for two weeks while an investigation was conducted and was then asked to train alone, and later with the youth team, after returning.


share story