Preview - La Salle vs. Cincinnati Aiken
Watch this game LIVE tonight on streaming video! Tipoff is at 730pm!
Five things to know heading into tonight’s Greater Catholic League versus Cincinnati Metro Athletic Conference battle between Cincinnati La Salle and Cincinnati Aiken.
1) La Salle comes into the contest with a (10-1) records with its only loss to 11-1 Mason, 54-47. The Lancers have done this despite losing six of their top eight performers from last year’s state championship team.
2) Cincinnati Aiken is (5-5), but its record is very deceiving. The Falcons have played one of the better Division II slates in Ohio. Aiken has lost to Taft, Middletown, Withrow, and Lausanne (TN), and Moeller. The four Ohio teams are all ranked in our Top 25.
3) Josh Lemons (5’11/Sr.) leads the lancers in scoring at 18.3 points per game and adds just below five boards a contest. Lemons is one of the top unsigned point guards in Ohio. Junior Connor Speed (5’10) tallies 10.8 points a night and sophomore shooting guard Jeffrey Larkin (5’8) is next at 7.8 points a game.
4) Willie Moore (6’3/Sr.), a Duquesne signee, leads Aiken scoring 17.8 points, grabbing 9.3 rebounds, and handing out 5.8 assists per outing. Junior Austin Grimes (6’3) has been good for 12.4 points and 11.1 boards. Grimes is one of the better junior prospects in the state. Unsigned senior Paul Woodson (6’7) has been a nice addition for the Falcons since coming over from Clark Montessori. Woodson is averaging a double-double (10.4 ppg./13.8 rpg.). Sophomore Corey Cavins (5’11) and junior Michael Thompson (6’5) are also nice scoring options. Cavins is just below 10 points per game and Thompson is right at six a night.
5) The Lancers ended Aiken’s season last year during tournament play by the count of 72-56. Aiken has since moved down to Division II.