Preseason Game #6 - Cavs (3-2) vs. 76ers (2-3)
Pretty much the only mystery of the preseason is who will make the Cavaliers' final roster. And even then, you're talking about two spots at the cold end of the bench. Cavs coach Mike Brown also wants to see how the team's defense is coming along in these scrimmage games. Other than that, everyone is ready for the real thing to start next week.
Venue: Schottenstein Center, Ohio State University, Columbus.
TV/Radio: 7 p.m. EST, FOX Sports Ohio/WTAM
PHILADELPHIA 76ERS (2-3 preseason)
C Spencer Hawes
PF Lavoy Allen
SF Thaddeus Young
SG Evan Turner
PG Michael Carter-Williams
CLEVELAND CAVALIERS (3-2 preseason)
C Anderson Varejao
PF Tristan Thompson
SF Earl Clark
SG Dion Waiters
PG Kyrie Irving
• Cavs guard Jarrett Jack (knee inflammation) and swingmen Carrick Felix (hernia) remain out. Same goes for center Andrew Bynum (knee) and Tyler Zeller (appendectomy).
• It's been three years to the day since the Cavs' last preseason stop in Columbus (Oct. 21, 2010). It also marks the first time since 2010 that the Sixers' Evan Turner played an organized game at Ohio State -- where he played his college ball.
• Turner was sixth in the NBA in preseason scoring (19.8 ppg) entering Saturday night. That's way up from his career average of 10.1. Not to be a Debby Downer, but it is the preseason, kids.
• Then again, after trading All-Star guard Jrue Holiday to New Orleans for the rights to injured rookie big man Nerlens Noel on draft night, someone will have to shoot the ball for new coach Brett Brown and the Sixers. That guy very well could be Turner.
• Five Cavs are scoring in double figures in the preseason: Irving (15.2), Waiters (12.0), C.J. Miles (12.0), Thompson (11.4) and rookie Anthony Bennett (10.6).
• The Cavs have two preseason games after Monday's tilt -- Wednesday vs. Washington in Cincinnati, and Thursday at Charlotte. All games will be televised by FOX Sports Ohio.