It's been a rough ride for the Motor City over the past couple of days, but we're not giving up. Not by a long shot.
There's still so much to be thankful for in our city, especially in the sports world. Here are 10 reasons we love Detroit, blemishes included:
10. Leon the Barber, Orange Hat Guy, The Knitting Grandmother, Joe "The Brow" Diroff and all the other standout fans in the crowd over the years.
9. The luscious, green grass at Comerica Park -- a warm respite from the city's cold concrete infrastructure.
8. The Anchor Bar, where the burgers are still made to taste great, clog arteries and stir memories of Alex Karras, Bobby Layne and the frozen tundra of Tiger Stadium.
7. Fresh ice and Datsyuk on a breakaway.
6. The Ford Field crowd on third-and-long for the opposition.
5. Bless You Boys and The Bad Boys.
4. Miggy's sweet swing and Verlander's fastball.
3. "DEE-TROIT BASKETBALL!"
2. Detroit's Mount Rushmore of Sports -- Joe Louis, Gordie Howe, Barry Sanders and Ty Cobb -- which can stand up against any city in the world.
1. The Olde English "D" and what it stands for -- DETERMINATION!