IndyCar not planning to race in Brazil again

BY foxsports • February 3, 2015

SAO PAULO (AP) IndyCar says it does not plan to return to Brazil this year after local organizers surprisingly canceled the series' season opener citing financial difficulties.

As Brazilian promoters began refunding tickets for the event originally scheduled for Brasilia on March 8, IndyCar's governing body said Tuesday ''there are no plans to race in Brazil at this point in time.''

Local organizers had been looking for options to keep Brazil on the calendar. IndyCar had already announced Monday it will not replace the Brasilia race with another event that weekend.

IndyCar had already shipped ''several containers'' to Brazil with equipment needed for the race, all of which will have to be returned to the U.S. after arriving sometime this week.


share story