F1: Renault confirms new management at Lotus
Management changes continue at the Lotus Formula One Team under its new Renault ownership with the formal confirmation of two new directors of the company.
Renault Sport F1 boss Cyril Abiteboul joins the organization as a director, along with Renault Group's head of financial operations, Thierry Cognet. Both men took up their posts on Dec. 18, although the paperwork has only just been processed.
They replace Genii's Eric Lux and erstwhile Lotus F1 investor Andrew Ruhan, who formally ended their directorship roles on the same date.
As previously reported, Lotus is now 90 percent owned by Grigny (UK) Ltd., a subsidiary of Renault, with Genii/Gravity retaining the remaining 10 percent. Abiteboul has been a director of Grigny since July 2014.
We've been a bit quiet today. So here's a tiny sneaky update from this afternoon at Enstone to make up for it ? pic.twitter.com/TIHzmXtqwg— Lotus F1 Team (@Lotus_F1Team) January 6, 2016
Meanwhile, there has still been no formal confirmation of a name change from Lotus to Renault, although the team's Twitter feed has shown images of the Lotus sign being removed from the front of the factory.