De La Hoya fights to have case dismissed

BY foxsports • November 15, 2011

The war between boxing legend Oscar de la Hoya and the woman who alleges he imprisoned her during a kinky night of sex and drugs is heating up.

De La Hoya’s lawyer asked Monday to dismiss the complaint filed last week by Angelica Marie Cecora. In the motion, Judd Burstein labels Cecora “a prostitute and a grifter” and calls the case “a disgrace.”

Cecora accused De La Hoya of emotional distress, false imprisonment, assault and battery after an alleged wild night of sex, drugs and cross-dressing at last March 15.

The motion asks for “sanctions” against Cecora’s lawyers for filing the suit. It says she “voluntarily engaged in unusual sexual activities” with De La Hoya and that she “voluntarily chose to remain” overnight in a New York hotel room with him and her roommate.

“The allegations pre-date Oscar going to rehab,” Burstein said. “He has turned his life around in part by publicly taking responsibility for what actually happened in his past. But the idea that he engaged in anything non-consensual is absolutely false.

“It is not surprising that she will prostitute the truth in order to try to make a quick buck," Burstein added. "She just chose the wrong victim because Oscar is not going to allow his past to become a golden ticket for anyone who wants to make up a story.”

Cecora’s lawyer, Tony Evans, said, “To call [my client] a prostitute and a grifter is the saddest and lowest maneuver possible ... We knew a powerful man would attack her character. We didn’t attack his character. Threatening sanctions is a bullying tactic. And, it only makes me more excited for this case.”

Read more . . .


share story