US striker Agudelo denied work permit in Britain

BY foxsports • November 22, 2013

American striker Juan Agudelo has been denied a work permit in Britain, a decision that blocks his planned move to Premier League club Stoke in January.

Agudelo signed a preliminary agreement in August to join the English club when his contract with the New England Revolution expires. However, Stoke chief executive Tony Scholes told British media this week that the forward's application for a work permit had been denied.

Stoke manager Mark Hughes told Sky Sports News on Friday that ''we are really disappointed with the decision,'' but that Agudelo had not played the required amount of international matches.

The 20-year-old Agudelo was born in Colombia but has played 17 games for the United States national team.


share story