Redknapp told to take a break

BY foxsports • November 7, 2011

Redknapp, 64, underwent heart surgery on Wednesday with two stents inserted to unblock coronary arteries. He missed Thursday's Europa League game at Rubin Kazan and today's Barclays Premier League clash at Fulham as he started his rehabilitation. Redknapp had previously talked of being away from the dugout for two weeks but he today admitted it could be longer. "I have got to listen what the doctors tell me and not get too stressed out," he told Sky Sports News. "Stress is what causes most of the problems anyway. "I will be fine, I have just got to take my time and when I am ready come back and get on with it but not before I get the go-ahead from the people in charge. "They have said I shouldn't even think about football for four to five weeks and get myself stressed. "I will see how I go but I hope to be back before then." Spurs have a 15-day break following today's encounter at Craven Cottage with their next fixture coming on November 21 when they host Aston Villa.


share story