Ranieri coy on Tevez chase

BY foxsports • January 16, 2012

Inter are expected to reopen talks with City this week after AC Milan, who Inter beat on Sunday, last week pulled out of the latest round of negotiations for the Argentina international.

It was another Argentinian forward, Diego Milito, who scored Inter's winner against Milan and afterwards Ranieri was asked in a succession of post-match interviews about the 27-year-old.

He told Sky Sport Italia: "You never know. Do we really need him? You journalists certainly do..."

Talking to Rai Sport, Ranieri said: "If he joins he'll be very welcome."

And in his press conference, Ranieri said, according to Inter's official website: "Tevez? If the president wants to give the city of Milan a present... I'm used to working with what I've got."

Paris Saint-Germain, now managed by former Chelsea boss Carlo Ancelotti, have also been linked with Tevez who remains in Argentina, having refused to return to City even though the furore and disciplinary action over his non-appearance against Bayern Munich in September has now been resolved.


share story