Conte satisfied after match-fixing hearing

BY foxsports • July 13, 2012

Juventus coach Antonio Conte says he is ''completely satisfied'' after a hearing lasting nearly four hours into his alleged role in Italy's match-fixing scandal.

Conte was questioned for three hours and 40 minutes by Italian football federation prosecutors on Friday.

The Serie A winning coach says ''I am happy, I cleared everything up'' and adds ''finally I was able to tell the true story.''

Conte, who coached Juventus to the Serie A title last season, is under investigation for alleged wrongdoing while in charge of Siena in 2010-2011.

Conte came under suspicion during the testimony of Filippo Carobbio, who played under Conte at Siena.

Around 50 people have been arrested since last year in the investigation into the latest match-fixing scandal to hit the country.


share story