Boca wants to lure Tevez back

BY foxsports • October 18, 2011

Boca Juniors plans an ambitious raid to try and take unsettled Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez back to Argentina.

The forward is facing an uncertain future in England as City continue with their investigations into his alleged refusal to step off the bench during a Champions League tie with Bayern Munich.

Tevez has served an initial two-week suspension imposed by the club, but the Blues have yet to make a definitive decision regarding any further action.

Roberto Mancini has previously claimed that he considers the South American to be 'finished' at City and it is expected that he will be moved on.

Boca is keen to return the 27-year-old to his roots and bring him back to the club where it all began.

The Argentine outfit is seeking permission to bring in a new striker on an emergency loan after losing Lucas Viatri to injury for six months.

Boca is keen to have someone in by next week and president Jose Beraldi has confirmed talks are planned with City regarding Tevez.

"We will make an attempt for Carlos Tevez, who is not playing at Manchester City," he said. "We know it will be difficult but we will try."

It remains to be seen whether Boca could finance a deal, but Beraldi revealed last week that the club will do all it can to bring Tevez home.

He said: "The doors are always open to Carlitos. He's a Boca idol and a key piece in many of our achievements. This is his home. He grew up at the club."


share story