Wisconsin-Purdue postgame notes & tidbits
Here's a few interesting tidbits following Wisconsin's 41-10 win over Purdue:
• The Badgers now lead the all-time series 44-29-8, including 25-12-5 in Madison.
• Wisconsin has won eight straight games against Purdue, dating back to the 2004 season. This marks the longest winning streak for either team in the series.
• The Badgers have won five straight Big Ten home openers and 10 of the last 11.
• Wisconsin is now 6-2-1 against Purdue in Big Ten home openers.
• Wisconsin now has had 24 100-yard rushers against Purdue and are 17-3-1 in those games (Saturday marked the third time they had two in a game).
• Wisconsin is one of three teams in FBS to not allow a passing touchdown this season. Georgia Tech allowed one Saturday to drop off the list. Oklahoma didn't play. Washington State game hasn't started as I write this.
• Chris Borland passed Nick Griesen for 14th place and tied Jason Doering for 13th place on UW's all-time tackles list.
• Jared Abbrederis passed Billy Marek for 10th place and Nick Davis for 9th place on UW's all-time all-purpose yards list.
• Abbrederis passed Ira Matthews for 7th place and tied Archie Burks for 6th place on UW's all-time punt returns list.
• James White passed Larry Emery for 10th place on UW's all-time rushing yards list.White passed Brent Moss for 7th place on UW's all-time rushing touchdowns list.
• Kyle French passed Steven Veith for 10th place on UW's all-time field goals list.French passed Vitaly Pisetsky for 7th place UW's all-time extra points list.
• Alex Erickson had his first catch.
• Melvin Gordon has his fourth straight 100+-yard rushing game and his first three rushing touchdown game. Gordon has had only one other game with two rushing TDs and that came last week.
• Rob Henry's 22-yard touchdown run was the longest allowed by Wisconsin this year (previous high was 18) and the longest for Purdue this season (previous high 17).
• Warren Herring had one previous sack before today's, and it was against Purdue last season.