Cavaliers-Hornets pregame dribbles
Tipoff: Quicken Loans Arena, Cleveland, 7 p.m.
Records: Cavaliers 13-9; Hornets 6-17.
TV: FOX Sports Ohio (Cavaliers Live pregame at 6:30). Radio: WTAM 1100-AM, WMMS 100.7-FM; Cavaliers Radio Network.
Hornets: C Al Jefferson; PF Cody Zeller; SF Michael Kidd-Gilchrist; SG Lance Stephenson; PG Kemba Walker.
Cavaliers: C Anderson Varejao; PF Kevin Love; SF LeBron James; SG Shawn Marion; PG Kyrie Irving.
Cavaliers: PG Matthew Dellavedova (illness) questionable; SG Mike Miller (concussion) out.
Hornets: None to report.
1. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist will return to the starting lineup for the Hornets. He gets to face LeBron James. Welcome back, MKG.
2. Cavs backup Matthew Dellavedova will play despite feeling less than 100 percent, coach David Blatt says. Delly spent Friday and part of Saturday in a New Orleans hospital dealing with health issues.
3. Kyrie Irving is shooting just 33 percent over the previous four games. But the Cavs aren't too concerned. "We went through a pretty rough stretch, and Kyrie was playing a lot of minutes," Blatt says. "I think Kyrie just got a little tired. If anything, I think it's just a fatigue thing. ... There are stretches during the season you're going to go through things like that."
4. Blatt admitted the Cavs are lacking in the rim-protection department. That can be an issue with an opposing post player such as the Hornets' Al Jefferson. He is a true throwback in the sense that he plants himself on the low post and demands the ball.
5. Blatt on Jefferson: "It's a rarity to see back-to-the-basket guys. They are tougher to prepare for and require some special attention. A true post presence causes a lot of problems for any team."
6. Cavs guard Mike Miller (concussion) could return as soon as Wednesday vs. the Hawks. Miller took part in 3-on-3 drills Sunday. His last step for the NBA's protocol is to go through a full practice.
7. For more on the Cavs and Hornets, see my dribbles from this afternoon.
Follow on Twitter @SamAmicoFSO