Bahrain: F1 race rescheduled for Oct. 30

BY foxsports • June 3, 2011

The Bahrain government says Formula One officials have agreed to reschedule the canceled Grand Prix for Oct. 30.

The Bahrain Grand Prix had been scheduled as the season-opening race in March but was called off amid anti-government protests. Since then, authorities have lifted a state of emergency and offered to negotiate with the opposition.

The Bahrain government announced the rescheduled race ahead of an official announcement by FIA officials meeting in Barcelona. It's unclear what happens to the Indian Grand Prix, which was originally scheduled for Oct. 30.

Eyewitnesses said Friday that Bahraini police fired tear gas and rubber bullets at protesters marching toward Pearl Square.


share story