Mayweather: Pacquiao can fight on my undercard in September

BY Andre Vergara • May 10, 2015

Floyd Mayweather Jr. may have called Manny Pacquiao "a coward" after the Filipino star claimed he was injured during their fight, but that doesn't mean Money May won't still do business with him.

Asked again about a rematch, Mayweather seemed uninterested but suggested Pacquiao fight on the undercard of the champion's next and final fight in September.

"We could fight on pay-per-view on a doubleheader and I think we both could make some good money," Mayweather said in an interview with FightHype.com.

However, he likely spoke before Pacquiao had shoulder surgery last week, which will put him out of action for a while.

Mayweather acknowledged he won't ever again do any "good money" like he did against Pacquiao, for which he'll likely earn more than $200 million. But he estimates his September fight will bring in between $32 million and $50 million.

And he said he won't let the experts dictate whom he fights this time.

"My last fight, I'm choosing who I want to fight," Mayweather said.

Watch the interview in the video below.


share story