"I'm going to look at all my options. I don't know what else is out there," Burton said. "I'll look at my options and listen to what people have to say."
Here at Shake and Bake, we have a few suggestions as to how Burton can spend his free time in 2014.
1. Live up to his nickname and run for mayor of Huntersville, N.C.
2. Become a translator for his brother Ward.
CONCORD, NC - MAY 18: Ward Burton answers phones during the NASCAR Day Telethon at Sam Bass Gallery on May 18, 2007 at Lowe's Motor Speedway in Concord, N.C. (Photo by Rusty Jarrett/Getty Images for NASCAR)
Rusty Jarrett / Getty Images North America
3. Team up with Mark Martin, who is also taking a different role in the sport in 2014, to remake a NASCAR version of the movie "The Bucket List."
4. Get back to the family business of contruction and put all those Caterpillar toys to some good use.
DAYTONA BEACH, FL - JULY 05: Jeff Burton, driver of the No. 31 Kwikset Chevrolet, drives front end loader during the Daytona Rising groundbreaking ceremony at Daytona International Speedway on July 5, 2013 in Daytona Beach, Fla. (Photo by Chris Graythen/NASCAR via Getty Images)
Chris Graythen / NASCAR
5. Prepare for a likely future in broadcasting by hitting up the local public access stations on a weekly basis.