Balotelli says he is leaving AC Milan to join Liverpool
Aug 21, 2014 at 4:25a ET
The Italian club's TV channel also reported that negotiations over Balotelli with Liverpool have begun, with any deal for the 24-year-old former Manchester City striker to be for a permanent transfer.
Liverpool approached Milan about the former Manchester City striker just weeks after Brendan Rodgers denied making a move.
And Balotelli later said: "Today is my last day (at Milan). I am going to Liverpool."
Rodgers has made no secret of his wish to bring in a new forward following Luis Suarez's summer departure, but any chance of Balotelli coming appeared dead in the water earlier this summer.
Speaking on Liverpool's tour of the United States, Rodgers said: "I can categorically tell you Mario Balotelli will not be at Liverpool.
Rodgers was instead targeting Monaco's Radamel Falcao, but the Colombia striker's preference is a move to Real Madrid.
Balotelli's three seasons at City were blighted by trouble, on and off the field, although he did manage 30 goals for the club in all competitions.