Floyd Mayweather trolls Conor McGregor while offering up reward on Instagram

Floyd Mayweather may be retired but he sure seems like he’s trying to pick a fight with UFC lightweight champion Conor McGregor.

Following his expletive-filled threat towards the Irishman earlier this week, Mayweather took to Instagram on Wednesday to take another shot at McGregor.

Mayweather posted a video that featured the final moments of McGregor’s bout with Nate Diaz from UFC 196, when he was submitted in the second round via rear-naked choke.

CAPTION THIS! Best caption wins $10,000.00. The winner will be announced on Monday, Dec 19. Stay tuned ! #TMT

A video posted by Floyd Mayweather (@floydmayweather) on

The video ends by calling McGregor “the notorious quitter” while touting Mayweather’s 49-0 record. Of course, Mayweather decided to take this whole thing one step further by offering one of his followers a $10,000 reward for the best caption to go along with the video.

It’s only been a few weeks since Mayweather said that even being mentioned in the same breath as McGregor was “disrespectful” to his career accomplishments, but lately he can’t seem to say enough about the UFC champion.

McGregor has certainly fired back at Mayweather on more than a few occasions while also recently receiving his boxing license in California, which only further fueled the rumors that he was preparing for a match against the former pound-for-pound king.

“Floyd called me out. That’s originally what happened,” McGregor said just recently. “I don’t care about Floyd. I don’t give a (expletive) about Floyd. I don’t fear no man under no rule set.”

McGregor has also demanded that Mayweather pony up at least $100 million for his fight purse if they are ever going to step into the ring together.

It’s not likely the fight will ever actually take place, but Mayweather is certainly poking at McGregor in an attempt to get a reaction out of the 28-year-old champion from Ireland.