As you await Wisconsin’s first game in two weeks, here are some notes and tidbits to chew on:
Article continues below ...
* This is the 94th meeting between Wisconsin and Northwestern. The Badgers lead the all-time series 56-33-5, including 25-14-2 in Madsion.
* Wisconsin is 7-2 in its last nine homecoming games.
* Wisconsin and Northwestern have split their last six games. The Badgers have won three straight over the Wildcats at Camp Randall Stadium.
* Since 2010, Wisconsin is 7-2 following a loss. (Northwestern was 3-0 in such circumstances last season.)
* Since 2008, Wisconsin is 5-1 after bye weeks. Loss was a bad one at Michigan in ’08. The wins are over Indiana twice, Purdue twice & Hawaii.
* This marks Wisconsin’s 200th game in the BCS era. The Badgers are 140-59 in that span.
* Wisconsin has had 33 100-yd rushers vs. Northwestern. Last time lost at home w/ 100-yd rusher was in 2000 (but 2 road losses in that span).
* The Badgers are second in the nation with 10 plays of 50+ yards (Baylor has 11). Wisconsin is also second to Baylor in plays of 60+ yards (9 to 7) and tied with Baylor for most plays of 70+ yards (4).
* Northwestern ranks 110th in the nation in passing yards/game allowed at 286.6. However, opponents also just at 57.4% completions with 8 TDs, 11 INTs.
* The Badgers have had 11 200-yard passers vs. Northwestern and are 5-0 at home when accomplishing that, including 2010 & 2006.
* Wisconsin has had two 300-yard passers against Northwestern and lost both times.
* The Badgers have had just two 100-yard receivers at home against Northwestern: Travis Beckum in 2006 & Jeff Mack in 1972.
* The last Badgers wide receiver to have a 100-yd receiving game vs. Northwestern was Tony Simmons in 1997 (TE Beckum in 2006 & RB Calhoun in 2005).
* Wisconsin is averaging 8.48 yards/rush on 3rd downs. Northwestern allowing just 1.71 yards/rush on 3rd downs.
* Chris Borland needs one forced fumble to tie the FBS all-time record of 14 (note: Stat only kept since 2000).
* Borland needs 6 tackle to pass Greg Thomas for 10th place, 9 to pass Brendan Lynch for 9th place and 11 to pass Ken Criter for 8th place on UW’s all-time list.
* Borland needs 2 sacks to tie DeAndre Levy for 11th place and 2.5 to tie Matt Shaughnessy for 10th place on UW’s all-time list.
* Borland’s next fumble recovery will put him in a tie for third place on UW’s all-time list with 7. Mark Zakula is in second with eight and Scott Erdmann is at No. 1 with nine.
* Abbrederis needs 3 receptions to pass Travis Beckum for 4th place on UW’s all-time list. He needs 14 to tie Nick Toon for 3rd place.
* Abbrederis has had the last six 100+-yard receiving games for the Badgers and eight of the last 11 (Nick Toon with the other three).
* Abbrederis has caught a pass in 33 consecutive games. The Wisconsin record is 38 games by Lee Evans.
* Abbrederis needs 161 all-purpose yards to pass P.J. Hill for 7th place on UW’s all-time list.
* James White needs 302 rushing yards to pass Alan Ameche for 9th place on UW’s all-time list.
* White needs 20 all-purpose yards to pass Terrell Fletcher for 6th place on UW’s all-time list.
* Melvin Gordon needs 255 yards to pass Ken Starch for 20th place on UW’s all-time list.
* Joel Stave needs 22 passing yards to pass Bud Keyes for 19th place, 134 yards to pass Hal Brandt for 18th place, 175 yards to pass Mike Carroll for 17th place and 420 yards to pass Greg Bolling for 16th place on UW’s all-time list.
* Jacob Pedersen’s next touchdown reception will be his 16th, tying him for 7th place on UW’s all-time list. Two TDs will put him alone in 7th place.