The NFL Draft is still a little over a month away — I know that might be hard to believe with the daily deluge of football news in the offseason — but with the NFL Combine over with, Pro Days (for the most part) in the rearview mirror and free agency slowing down, I thought it might be a good time to take a look at some mock drafts from around the Internet and where they have some Wisconsin Badgers slotted.
There really is no consensus where Badgers players will go. Chris Borland is listed anywhere from the first to third round. Jared Abbrederies third, fourth or not even in the first five rounds. Ryan Groy, Jacob Pedersen, Beau Allen and James White all look to be late-round picks, although there’s a seven-round mock which doesn’t have White being drafted. Dezmen Southward? Who knows, although he shows enough athletically which tends one to believe he’ll be drafted late.
Here’s the list of some of the notable mocks I could find. Keep in mind, most mocks are only of the first round. I did not include any which didn’t have any Badgers listed.
– Chris Borland, round 3, No. 80 overall to NY Jets
– Jared Abbrederis, round 4, No. 111 overall to Detroit Lions
– James White, round 5, No. 172 overall to Seattle Seahawks
– Ryan Groy, round 6, No. 211 overall to Houston Texans
– Jacob Pedersen, round 7, No. 243 overall to San Francisco 49ers
– Beau Allen, round 7, No. 244 overall to New England Patriots
– Chris Borland, round 2, No. 50 overall to Miami Dolphins. "The Dolphins are in the market for a new middle linebacker, as Dannell Ellerbe predictably struggled this past season. Miami’s new front office has no allegiance to Ellerbe."
– Jared Abbrederis, round 4, No. 125 overall to San Diego Chargers." Keenan Allen is coming off an outstanding rookie campaign, but the Chargers need to bring in another reliable receiver for Philip Rivers."
– Chris Borland, round 3, No. 93 overall to New England Patriots
– Jared Abbrederis, round 3, No. 97 overall to Pittsburgh Steelers
– Ryan Groy, round 6, No. 203 overall to Indianapolis Colts
– Jacob Pedersen, round 7, No. 228 overall to Tennessee Titans
– Beau Allen, round 7, No. 234 overall to Baltimore Ravens
Eddie Brown of UT-San Diego (5 rounds, updated April 2)
– Chris Borland, round 2, No. 61 overall to San Francisco 49ers
– Jared Abbrederis, round 4, No. 119 to Dallas Cowboys