UFC Houston Weigh-In Results: Bec Rawlings Misses Weight
The UFC returns to Houston, Texas, on Saturday night. First, the fighters had the small matter of making weight to contend with on Friday.
The early weigh-ins for UFC Houston took place on Friday at 10 a.m. EST. The weigh-ins were not open to the public, and no ceremonial weigh-ins were scheduled.
The event is headlined by a featherweight contest between Dennis Bermudez (16-5) and “The Korean Zombie” Chan Sung Jung (14-4). It is the first time in over three and a half years that Jung has competed in the Octagon, following an extended break to allow for mandatory national service with the South Korean military.
In the co-main event, strawweights Alexa Grasso (9-0) and Felice Herrig (11-6) will contest a top ten spot at 115 pounds. Grasso impressed in her Octagon debut, defeating Heather Jo Clack in Mexico City. Herrig looked equally good, perhaps even more so, when she took less than two minutes to submit Kailin Curran. That fight took place in July last year, and Herrig has not fought since.
The weigh-ins did not pass without issue. Strawweight Bec Rawlings hit the scales a pound and a half over the 116-pound limit. Rawlings will give up 20-percent of her purse to opponent Tecia Torres, but the bout will go ahead as scheduled.
In addition, Abel Trujillo and Alexa Grasso needed to weigh-in behind the towel to hit their marks.
The full results of the weigh-ins are below:
Main Card (FOX Sports 1, 10 p.m. EST)
- Dennis Bermudez (145.5) vs. Chan Sung Jung (145.5)
- #9 Alexa Grasso (116) vs. Felice Herrig (115.5)
- Abel Trujillo (156) vs. James Vick (155.5)
- #7 Ovince Saint Preux (205) vs. Volkan Oezdemir (206)
- Anthony Hamilton (258.5) vs. Marcel Fortuna (210.5)
- #4 Jessica Andrade (115.5) vs. Angela Hill (116)
Prelims (FOX Sports 1, 8 p.m. EST)
- Adam Milstead (233.5) vs. Curtis Blaydes (264.5)
- Chas Skelly (146) vs. Chris Gruetzemacher (145)
- Ricardo Ramos (135) vs. Michinori Tanaka (135)
- #6 Tecia Torres (115.5) vs. Bec Rawlings (117.5)*
Early Prelims (UFC Fight Pass, 7 p.m. EST)
- Alex Morono (170) vs. Niko Price (170.5)
- Daniel Jolly (204.5) vs. Khalil Rountree (205)