Of his five seasonal games to date, Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski (26 catches, 341 yards, 4 TDs) has accounted for 90-plus yards and/or one touchdown four times.
Joe Toth-USA TODAY Sports
Here are my top 30 tight ends for Week 7, citing Points Per Reception leagues only.
This countdown doesn’t lean on a particular stat. It’s merely an educated best guess of which tight ends will tally the best combination of receptions, total yards, touchdowns and targets for the NFL’s seventh weekend.
Regardless of how these rankings shake out every week, it shouldn’t supersede two important factors that go into regular lineup consideration:
1. Always play your healthy superstars.
2. Always ride your gut instinct over a certain guru’s analysis (read: plausible deniability).
BYES: Tampa Bay, Philadelphia
TOP 30 PPR TIGHT ENDS
1. Julius Thomas vs. San Francisco
2. Rob Gronkowski vs. N.Y. Jets
3. Greg Olsen @ Green Bay
4. Jordan Reed vs. Tennessee
5. Jordan Cameron @ Jacksonville
6. Martellus Bennett vs. Miami
7. Delanie Walker @ Washington
8. Larry Donnell @ Dallas
9. Vernon Davis @ Denver
10. Jason Witten vs. N.Y. Giants
11. Jared Cook vs. Seattle
12. Jace Amaro @ New England
13. Antonio Gates vs. Kansas City
14. Owen Daniels vs. Atlanta
15. Travis Kelce @ San Diego
16. Dwayne Allen vs. Cincinnati
17. Heath Miller vs. Houston
18. Eric Ebron vs. New Orleans
19. Andrew Quarless vs. Carolina
20. Scott Chandler vs. Minnesota
21. Tim Wright vs. N.Y. Jets
22. Mychal Rivera vs. Arizona
23. Garrett Graham @ Pittsburgh
24. Charles Clay @ Chicago
25. John Carlson @ Oakland
26. Josh Hill @ Detroit
27. Jermaine Gresham @ Indianapolis
28. Clay Harbor vs. Cleveland
29. Coby Fleener vs. Cincinnati
30. Ladarius Green vs. Kansas City
30b. Levine Toilolo @ Baltimore
30c. Luke Willson @ St. Louis
30d. Anthony Fasano @ San Diego
Jay Clemons, the 2008 Fantasy Football Writer of the Year (Fantasy Sports Writers Association), can be reached via Twitter, day or night, at @FOX_JayClemons.