Totton handed Bristol Rovers clash

BY foxsports • November 13, 2011

AFC Totton have been handed a home draw against Bristol Rovers in the second round of the FA Cup.

The Evo-Stik South League Premier Division side are now just 90 minutes away from a possible meeting with a Premier League side after demolishing Bradford Park Avenue 8-1 on Saturday.

Blue Square Premier side Fleetwood, who saw off Wycombe Wanderers in their first round clash, are at home to Yeovil.

And Luton Town, who upset Northampton at the weekend, are at home to Cheltenham as they look to secure a lucrative third round berth.

Redbridge, the lowest ranked side left in the competition, face a testing trip to Crawley if they can overcome Oxford City in their first round replay.

The Ryman League Division One North outfit drew 0-0 with their Evo-Stik League Southern Premier Division opponents on Saturday.

FA Cup Recap:

Plymouth narrowly avoided a major upset as they twice came from behind to draw 3-3 with Evo-Stik League Southern Premier club Stourbridge at Home Park.

Argyle sit rock bottom of League Two and, after only coming out of administration a fortnight ago, looked like suffering an embarrassing exit against a team from the seventh tier.

Trailing 2-1 heading into the final 20 minutes, newly-appointed player-manager Carl Fletcher equalised before a dramatic finale took hold.

Sean Gebbins fired Stourbridge back in front with an 82nd-minute penalty but, despite having Robbie Williams and Conor Hourihane sent off, Plymouth forced a replay when Onismor Bhasera netted with two minutes remaining.

Huddersfield's league form deserted them completely as they were thrashed 4-1 at Swindon.

The Terriers have not lost in 42 games in the league but were thumped after Lee Novak gave them a 22nd-minute lead. Aden Flint, Raffaele De Vita, Mehdi Kerrouche and Simon Ferry were on target for Swindon.

League Two sides Rotherham and Aldershot rallied late to avoid going out to non-league teams.

Lewis Grabban truck twice in the final eight minutes as the former eventually won 2-1 at Barrow while Aldershot relied on a 78th-minute equaliser from Michael Rankine to draw 1-1 at Maidenhead.

Dagenham & Redbridge also had to come from behind to draw 1-1 with Bath City, bottom of the Conference, at home.

Crawley Town were amongst four League Two clubs to beat rivals from the league above as they ousted Bury 2-0.

Torquay also progressed 3-1 at Chesterfield while Bradford and Cheltenham were 1-0 winners against Rochdale and Tranmere respectively.

Gillingham just failed to join their League Two rivals in causing an upset as they drew 3-3 at Bournemouth.

AFC Totton were the biggest winners of the day as they thrashed Bradford Park Avenue 8-1. Substitute Stefan Brown scored a hat-trick.

There were also wide-margin successes for MK Dons, as they thumped Nantwich 6-0, and Carlisle, who beat Alfreton 4-0. Chelmsford matched that scoreline at home to Telford.

Colchester won 4-1 at Crewe as did Notts County at home to Accrington Stanley.

Sheffield United bounced back from their midweek exit in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy to beat Oxford United 3-0. And Leyton Orient, Yeovil and Macclesfield won by the same scoreline against Bromley, Hereford and East Thurrock respectively.

Oldham enjoyed a comfortable 3-1 win at home to Burton after the visitors had Ryan Austin sent off in just the third minute while Stevenage won an all-League One tie 1-0 at Hartlepool. Brentford were also 1-0 winners, at home to Basingstoke.

The other League Two teams to progress were Bristol Rovers, who beat Corby 3-1, Shrewsbury after winning a lunchtime kick-off 1-0 at Newport and struggling Barnet, who overcame their league problems to progress 2-1 at Southport.

Non-league Gateshead won 2-0 at Blyth Spartans and were joined in the second round by Salisbury City as they beat Arlesey Town 3-1, while Sutton United ousted Kettering 1-0.

Scunthorpe earned a home replay with AFC Wimbledon after they played out one of four goalless draws. League Two leaders Southend's trip to Preston North End also ended without a goal as did Port Vale-Grimsby and Redbridge-Oxford City.

Exeter and Walsall remained in the hat for the second-round draw after a 1-1 stalemate while Hinckley and Tamworth could also not be separated after sharing a 2-2 draw.

share story