Toronto eye Bolton's Davies

BY foxsports • April 23, 2013

Liverpool striker Fabio Borini is poised to return to full training as he steps up his recovery from a shoulder injury.

The 22-year-old Italian, whose first year at Anfield has been marred by injuries, was ruled out for the rest of the season after dislocating the joint and undergoing surgery in February.

Borini, a ?10.5million signing from Roma last summer, missed three months earlier in the campaign with a broken foot.

Borini wrote on Twitter: "Who i should be and who I feel to be" today first full training after injury!!!"

Borini has scored just one goal in 16 appearances since joining the Reds.

The 36-year-old has been told he will not be getting a new contract at the Reebok Stadium and is free to leave.

As he is a free agent in a matter of weeks, Davies is free to talk to interested parties and Toronto have made their move.

Houston Dynamo showed an interest in January, but at that point the one-time England striker thought he may still prolong his Bolton career.

Now staying at Bolton is not an option, Davies is open to the idea of a move across the Atlantic and we understand that Toronto boss Ryan Nelsen has spoken to Davies about the prospective move.

Toronto sources have told Sky Sports that they are hopeful a deal can be agreed.

The main issue at this moment appears to be whether Bolton would be willing to let Davies leave now or at the end of the season, as Toronto would want him as soon as possible.

However, Bolton's likely involvment in the play-offs means that he could be required to stay up to the Championship play-off final on May 27th.

Davies has played over 400 games for Bolton since joining in 2003.


share story