This spinning backheel goal makes no sense and might be the best ever
Want to see the best backheel goal ever?
It just might be this one, from Italy’s Serie B on Sunday:
That’s Francesco Nicastro of Perugia scoring the game-winner against Ternana, and … it just makes no darn sense.
This is the sort of goal that you have to watch multiple times to try to comprehend. But every re-watch only seems to lead to more questions:
• Why did he turn like that as he met the cross?
• Was he going for the sickest backheel goal ever, or was it a happy accident?
• Was this the best back heel goal ever though?
• Did it even come off his heel, or just his ankle?
• No, but, seriously, what the heck was he doing?!
We don’t have any answers for you -- sorry! -- but one thing is for sure: It was awesome.
Take a bow, Nicastro. That was the goal of a lifetime.