Ronaldo to star in weight-loss TV show

BY foxsports • September 21, 2012

Globo television network says retired Brazilian great Ronaldo is taking part in a televised weight loss program.

The popular variety show ''Fantastico'' will chronicle the three-time FIFA player of the year's bid to shed the pounds he packed on since his retirement early last year. The three-month-long program is meant to get Ronaldo back into sport and change his relationship with food, Globo said in a report on its website Friday.

In a clip, the beer bellied former striker acknowledges ''I have a terrible relationship with the scale.''

"I have problems with the weighing scales. It's a real trauma," Globo channel's G1 website quoted the 35-year-old star as saying.

"I have already tackled many challenges and this one will not be easy. Those who have already tried to lose weight know that. But I am getting on with it in high spirits," added Ronaldo.

Since retirement, Ronaldo has remained in the public eye as a member of the local organizing committee for the 2014 World Cup. He's also done commercials, some of which poke fun at his dramatic weight gain.

The former Real Madrid star will take part with ex-teammate and French legend Zinedine Zidane in an annual charity match in the southern Brazilian city of Porto Alegre later this year.


share