Reds deny Benayoun rumors

BY foxsports • January 27, 2010

Liverpool have moved swiftly to deny reports that Yossi Benayoun is on the verge of joining Dynamo Moscow.

Dynamo claimed on Wednesday that the Reds midfielder had agreed terms and was poised to join the Russian outfit before the close of the January transfer window.

The suggestion came from the club's sporting director Konstantin Sarsania, who insisted the Israel captain was set to cost around £7million.

"It is true that we have come to an agreement with the player's agent," said Sarsania, who has seen Dynamo already raid Anfield in the transfer window to bring out-of-favour striker Andriy Voronin to Russia.

"In the next two days, Liverpool will make their own decision."

But the Reds have wasted little time in giving their response to the Dynamo director's comments and have made it crystal clear the 29-year-old is going nowhere.

"The player is not for sale, it's as simple as that," said a club spokesman on Liverpool's offical website.

Benayoun, who is currently enduring a spell on the sidelines after fracturing a rib in Liverpool's FA Cup defeat against Reading earlier in the month, has been a key performer for the Reds over the last 18 months and has three years left to run on his current deal.


share story