Mourinho spotted at Wembley
Highly-rated Malaga playmaker Isco admits he would relish the chance to continue playing under departing coach Manuel Pellegrini.
Pellegrini will leave Malaga following this weekend's final round of Primera Division matches and has been closely linked with the vacant post at Manchester City.
There has also been plenty of speculation about Isco's future at the Andalusian club, with Real Madrid, Paris Saint-Germain and several English clubs, including City, thought to be coveting the 21-year-old.
Isco insists he will not be rushed into a decision about where he will ply his trade next season, but admits he would be happy to still be under the orders of Pellegrini.
"He's been my footballing father and I know that he likes me and, for me, of course I would like to continue with him because he's given me all the confidence in the world," he told reporters after joining up with the Spain Under-21 squad on Monday.
On the subject of which club he might move to, Isco says the key thing for him is the amount of time he gets on the pitch.
He said: "It's a very important decision for me and I don't want to get it wrong.
"I have doubts because I want to play, wherever it is, and that's the most important thing. I don't want to regret it after not getting many minutes."
He added: "I'm not closing my door to anyone but my priority is to play and I don't want to be on the bench. We'll see what happens in the summer."
McCall told United on Sunday night that he wanted to remain in Scotland after holding talks with the League One side over their managerial vacancy.
The 48-year-old was believed to be the Blades' first choice but, with their playing budget set to be cut following consecutive play-off failures, McCall opted to stay in Lanarkshire.
The former Scotland midfielder has consistently stated his happiness at Motherwell and turned down the chance to speak to several bigger clubs last season, including Burnley and Blackburn.
Having led Motherwell to the Scottish Cup final, Champions League qualifiers and third and second-placed finishes in the SPL, McCall was inevitably going to be earmarked by clubs in England.
Many fans assumed he would take the chance to return to return to the club where he finished his playing career and started coaching, but McCall's ties to Motherwell proved stronger.
McCall, who signed a new two-year contract in March, said in a statement: "It has been a really difficult last few days. As most people probably know, I spent five great years at Sheffield United.
"I was grateful to the board for allowing me to speak to them but I went with an open mind. I had no desire to leave Motherwell after enjoying two-and-a-half great years at the club.
"There is no doubt Sheffield United are a fantastic club but, after careful consideration and deliberation, I am more than happy to continue my current role at Fir Park.
"I have built up a tremendous feeling for Motherwell, the people who work at the club and the supporters. It would take something really special to tempt me away."
Hibernian's William Hill Scottish Cup final defeat on Sunday means Motherwell go into the third qualifying round of the Europa League, where they could be seeded following their regular European sojourns in recent years.
McCall had already signed midfielder Paul Lawson from Ross County before speaking to Sheffield United and he will continue rebuilding his squad following the confirmed losses of Darren Randolph and Nicky Law.
"Along with the rest of the coaching staff and the board, we will continue preparations for the new season, adding new players to the squad and looking forward to a return to European football in early August," he said.
McCall's decision also gives Motherwell renewed hope of keeping Michael Higdon, James McFadden, Chris Humphrey and Tom Hateley, who have all been offered new contracts.
And chief executive Leeann Dempster vowed to support McCall in any way possible after his show of loyalty.
Dempster said: "Our admiration for Stuart and the job he has done in the two-and-a-half years at Motherwell is certainly no secret.
"However, we think it is only right never to stand in our staff's way if a big offer comes in. That is why we granted permission and respectfully remained silent during the process.
"That being said, we are absolutely delighted our manager has decided to stay with us. Stability and continuity when we are changing the squad is very desirable so it's a huge bonus to have Stuart continue in his current role.
"We are really excited about the future and the focus of everyone at the club will be to give Stuart and his staff all the support they need at an important time of the year."
The 50-year-old will leave Madrid at the end of this week, following Real's final match of the Spanish season against Osasuna at the Bernabeu on Saturday.
Mourinho has long been linked to a return to Stamford Bridge - where he was Blues boss from June 2004 to September 2007, winning two Premier League titles and both domestic cup competitions - and watched Crystal Palace versus Watford at Wembley this afternoon.
Watford forward Nathaniel Chalobah is on loan from Chelsea, who are seeking a new manager after Rafael Benitez's interim appointment ended.