Liverpool transfer move for Fiorentina's Rossi dismissed by agent
The agent of Giuseppe Rossi has dismissed reports linking the Fiorentina striker with a move to Liverpool.
It had been suggested that Rossi, who began his senior career at Manchester United, was among Brendan Rodgers' striking targets this summer after Loic Remy's move from Queens Park Rangers collapsed. The 27-year-old hit 16 goals in 22 Serie A appearances last season despite spending large parts of the campaign sidelined with injury, but is said to have a release clause of $47 million.
Rossi has another three years remaining on his current deal with Fiorentina and agent Andrea Pastorello insisted there had been no interest from Liverpool.
"There is nothing to comment because there is nothing between Giuseppe Rossi and Liverpool," he told Tuttomercato.web. "This is something that comes from the English sites but I don't know anything about it. Besides, there are good relations with Liverpool, so they would have called me if they wanted Rossi.
"But, seriously, we're talking about something that does not exist."
Also on Wednesday, Kolo Toure has snubbed a proposed switch to Trabzonspor in order to spend another season at Liverpool. Reports on Wednesday suggested that a fee to take the Ivorian defender to Turkey had been agreed and that personal terms were in the process of being thrashed out.
Toure has, however, revealed that he has turned down the option of moving on. Despite finding himself behind the likes of Martin Skrtel and Daniel Agger in the Anfield pecking order, the 33-year-old feels it would be wrong to join a "lower league" at this stage.
Toure will therefore spend the 2014/15 at Liverpool and see out the two-year contract he signed upon his arrival from Manchester City as a free agent in the summer of 2013. He told Sport Ivoire: "I am still at Liverpool. I had talks with the coach who clearly indicated that I was part of his plans. It is a privilege to be at Liverpool. I am very happy to wear the shirt of this legendary club."
Toure added: "I feel good physically. At 33 years of age, I am ready for any challenge. It is because I have been spared from serious injuries during my career. I continue to work hard in training to keep up the momentum, and it is why the coach wants to keep me at Liverpool. Trabzonspor are interested in me, but I have expressed my pleasure at being a Liverpool player.
"Yes, it is always a possibility to join a lower league for more playing time, but I am a competitor and I decided to stay at Liverpool. However, the situation can change at any time, but for the moment I am at Liverpool and I want to carry on with the club."