De Gea in fresh United denial

BY foxsports • April 14, 2011

Atletico Madrid goalkeeper David De Gea has moved to further dismiss speculation he has already held talks with Manchester United.

Reports emanating from Spain on Tuesday night claimed that United had already agreed a deal with Atletico for De Gea.

Sir Alex Ferguson and Atletico's general manager Miguel Angel Gil Marin dismissed the speculation, but Marin did claim the Spanish outfit had received bids from United and Chelsea for the 20-year-old.

De Gea, though, insists he knows nothing about any such offers - or the one Marin claims Atletico have made him to extend his stay at the Vicente Calderon.

And the Spain Under-21 international has gone one further to dismiss out of the hand the reports that he has spoken to United.

"There is nothing, it is all lies," he told a press conference. "I know nothing about offers from any team, whether it is other clubs or a renewal from Atletico."

De Gea also insists he is not frightened about Atletico fans turning against him as he has done nothing wrong.

"I have given my all to this team since I have been here, and that will continue today and tomorrow, I will always fight for this team," he said.

"I do not think the fans have any reason to be against me, we have the best fans in the world and they will support me until my final day, for that I am sure."


share story