Coyle ready for Burnley boo-boys
Coyle is set to feel the wrath of the fans who once idolised him as his Bolton side host the Clarets in the Premier League on Tuesday night, less than three weeks after his defection from Turf Moor. Having guided Burnley into the top flight last summer for the first time in 33 years, Coyle went from hero to zero in the eyes of many of the club's supporters when he left for the Reebok Stadium earlier this month. The Scot retains a strong affection for the Clarets but is ready to hear their supporters boo him tomorrow when his old and new clubs go head-to head. "People are disappointed that you have left and I understand that," Coyle said. "I asked those same fans for that passion and desire over the course of two years, so I can't then start complaining about it if it seems to be that they have turned on me. "We were always up against it, but what we did was more than remarkable and we took the fans along with it. We asked the fans for that passion and it is a remarkable football club. Whatever happens, that will never leave me. "I'll always have a special place for Burnley football club and if fans want to come and vent their anger and frustration at me, then so be it. "I asked them to be passionate, so I can't then say stop being passionate about your football club. They love their football club and rightly so." Coyle said he was aware of some of the abuse that has already been directed at him, but the 43-year-old remains confident that in time, the memory of his achievements at Burnley will outlast those of his departure. "As regards a group of fans, then some of the stuff that has been said - not that I have seen it, but people tell you bits and bobs about it," Coyle said. "It's happened and we have to get on with it. But what I do know is the job we did - and I say we, because we did it collectively at that football club - was remarkable over the course of two years. "As time goes by I think everybody will look back and realise that it was such an important part of the history at the football club." Coyle denied he was placed on "gardening leave" after making his desire to join Bolton known to the board at Turf Moor, and insisted he did everything in his power to ensure Burnley received a fair compensation package. "There has been some misinformation flying around about me and my staff leaving," Coyle said. "For three days I sat on alleged gardening leave. There was no facility in my contract for gardening leave at Burnley Football Club, but I kept a dignified silence and said nothing for three days. "I sat to make sure that Burnley got the compensation they were due. I wasn't one to start throwing mud, I just sat and let people say what they wanted to say, knowing that I conducted myself (well) every step along the way." Manchester City midfielder Vladimir Weiss became Coyle's first signing for the club today after joining on loan until the end of the season. The Slovakia winger Weiss is looking for first-team football ahead of his country's World Cup campaign having been on the fringes at City, and the 20-year-old is in line to make his debut against Burnley. "He is a very positive player. He is a player who likes to get at full-backs, who likes to get crosses in and shots in," Coyle said. "He is the type of player that I want at the football club - one that excites the fans. I also believe there is an edge to his game and a quality that will help the ones we already have." Coyle is also hopeful of tying up a deal for 24-year-old American midfielder Stuart Holden, who has been on trial with Wanderers after leaving Major League Soccer side the Houston Dynamo but is currently nursing a slight thigh injury.