Cov beaten as Rovers stay top

BY foxsports • September 22, 2012

Mark Robins suffered defeat on his first game in charge of Coventry, while Tranmere made it eight games unbeaten at the top of League One.

Robins' men were booed off after their fifth League One defeat, veteran striker Danny Cadamarteri ensuring Robins' honeymoon lasted just 25 minutes before he put the visitors in front from the penalty spot.

The hosts rallied through David McGoldrick, who headed home Carl Baker's 38th-minute cross for the equaliser, but Danny Livesey struck a 57th-minute winner for the Cumbrians.

Leaders Tranmere stretched their unbeaten start to eight games in emphatic fashion as they came from behind to win 5-2 at promoted Crawley.

Danny Holmes took just two minutes to put in-form Rovers in front but goals from Josh Simpson and Kyle McFadzean in the first quarter-hour threatened an upset.

The visitors stormed back, though, with Jake Cassidy scoring twice and Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro and Andy Robinson also on target as they opened up a three-point advantage at the summit.

Notts County leapfrogged Stevenage into second place by brushing aside crisis club Portsmouth 3-0 at Meadow Lane, Yoann Arquin scoring twice and Alan Judge also netting early in the second half.

Stevenage were forced to settle for a point in a 1-1 draw at Doncaster, Oliver Risser giving the visitors a 16th-minute lead before Chris Brown bundled home an equaliser 11 minutes from time.

Dean Bowditch hit a hat-trick as MK Dons continued their good start to the campaign with a 4-1 triumph at rock-bottom Bury.

Bowditch netted in the 33rd, 55th and 66th minutes and, after Lenell John-Lewis pulled one back for the hosts on 81, Luke Chadwick finished the job with a fourth in stoppage time.

Sheffield United remained unbeaten after Neill Collins' 55th-minute header secured a 1-0 win at Yeovil, while Swindon hammered Bournemouth 4-0 with a brace from Matt Ritchie and further goals from Andy Williams and Adam Rooney.

Walsall came from behind to prevail 3-1 at Preston, who led through Joel Byrom before James Baxendale and a late double from George Bowerman turned the game in the Saddlers' favour.

Andy Monkhouse's stoppage-time strike rescued a point for Hartlepool in a 2-2 home draw with Shrewsbury. Jonathan Franks put the hosts ahead before a Marvin Morgan double looked to have earned the visitors the win.

Crewe and Leyton Orient shared a 1-1 draw at Alexandra Stadium, Matt Tootle opening the scoring and Martin Rowlands equalising for the Os, who had Anthony Griffith sent off late on.

Finally, Adam Forshaw's 17th-minute goal gave Brentford a 1-0 win over Oldham, and a Leon Clarke penalty after 76 minutes was enough for Scunthorpe to see off Colchester 1-0 at Glanford Park.